A Venturer takes part in a programme suitable for young people from Forth Term year 10 to 18 ½.
Venturers are responsible for their own programmes.
The programmes would include a range of adventurous, vocational, social and spiritual activities that extend the Venturers and develop their self confidence, leadership, team and life skills.
A progressive award scheme enables Venturers to extend their range of skills and earn certificates that lead towards achieving the Queens Scout Award and/or the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
Ventures meet weekly during the school terms, plus occassional weekend and day activities.
The Venturers section objectives are:
- Participate in an adventurous training programme which will equip them for safe enjoyment of the outdoors
- Build self esteem and confidence
- Have fun and enjoyment
- Develop leadership and inter-personal skills
- Develop new interests and constructive leisure activities
- Test their values and opinions
- Make informed choices
- Encourage voluntary participation and empowerment
- Take responsibility for their own actions
- Contribute to the local and national community
- Acquire life skills and learn about current issues
- Explore spiritual development