Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm
A Scout takes part in a programme suitable for young people from Forth Term year 6 to Forth Term year 10.
Scouts are organised into Patrols. Patrols are encouraged to plan & organise their own activities in order to develop teamwork and self reliance.
There are opportunities for Scouts to experience leadership.
A progressive award scheme enables Scouts to learn a range of new skills through working on personal challenges and group activities.
Meetings are held once a week for 2 hours, plus occassional weekend and day activities.
Movement to another section (or programme) will occur as a result of discussion between the Scout, their parents/caregivers and the Adult Leaders concerned.
The Scout Section objectives are:
- Satisfy personal relationships
- Develop a sense of group achievement
- Participate in Patrol selected activities
- Participate in individual hobbies and interests
- Improve health & fitness
- Gain knowledge & experience in the local & wider community
- Appreciate and experience the Outdoors
- Involvement in the community
- Cultural awareness and family involvement